Post-canceling protection.

Article: 8834 of alt.hackers
From: tvujec@fly (Tomislav Vujec)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Post-canceling protection.
Date: 11 Oct 1995 07:58:47 GMT

No intention other than unavoidable...

ObFunnyHack:

	My friend at our university site is net-addict, like most of us here,
sitting by the 8 vt420 terminals through night and day. This September he
tried to pass some important exams, so he could continue with his education.
	But, he couldn't left terminal, that was his main problem... One day
he decided to promise everyone, that he won't login for a week time. He posted
his promise to news, and everyone predicted that he won't keep the promise. He
tried everything... (su included), but he just couldn't resist! At the moment
he entered his acc. many people posted follow-ups to his promise. He deleted
the article with promise, but follow-ups stayed. So what? He faked the From:
header and deleted all follow-ups. There wasn't promise any more, just some
funny stuff from him. So there was a challenge. Post a message he couldn't
cancel. I had a terrific idea! I posted article with faked header
From: tvv^Hujec@fly.cc.fer.hr, so when he look at it on the screen there was
no difference between my original posts, but he couldn't easily find the
way to fake canceling of my post. In fact, it took some time till he found
the reason, why my post is canceling protected. :)

--
___ To understand recursion, one must first understand recursion...
tvujec@fly.cc.fer.hr   http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~tvujec

Back to index