Re: rlogin revealed

Article: 8435 of alt.hackers
From: alindbac@sw.seisy.abb.se (Anders Lindback)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: rlogin revealed
Date: 14 Aug 1995 07:50:54 GMT

In article <40d9f0$ia9@dawn.mmm.com>, Chris Sonnack
<cjsonnack@mmm.com> wrote:
>Peter Seebach (seebs@solutions.solon.com) wrote:
>
>>> main()
>>> {
>>>  execl("/bin/rlogin jamminbox.site.dom", "vi
thesis.tex", (char *) NULL);
>>> }
>>
>> int
>> main(int argc, char *argv[])
>> {
>>	/* ... */
>> }
>>
>> Known bugs:
>> [...] commands which only show argv[0] will show 'vi thesis' [...]
>
>You could just show "vi", since you can just invoke vi and
use ":e"
>to grab (or create) the file you're editing. You version looks much
>like mine (we have a nosy manager-wannabe co-employee who likes to
>do a ps and see what we're doing...the dork also scans .sh_history
>in our $HOME directories, if you can believe that crap!):

Well, that's easy. Just set HISTFILE to something else and then
retain an old .sh_history. Then he do not see it ... until the
culprit check the file ENV is really set to.

And for those that says 'Huh' you're probably used to csh or the
bourne shell.

Anders

Parent Parent gone Parent

Child