Re: rlogin revealed

Article: 8439 of alt.hackers
From: mo@pineapple.apmaths.uwo.ca (Matthew Osborne)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: rlogin revealed
Date: 14 Aug 1995 14:31:37 GMT

Anders Lindback (alindbac@sw.seisy.abb.se) wrote:
: >You could just show "vi", since you can just invoke vi and
use ":e"
: >to grab (or create) the file you're editing. You version looks much
: >like mine (we have a nosy manager-wannabe co-employee who likes to
: >do a ps and see what we're doing...the dork also scans .sh_history
: >in our $HOME directories, if you can believe that crap!):

: Well, that's easy. Just set HISTFILE to something else and then : retain
an old .sh_history. Then he do not see it ... until the : culprit check
the file ENV is really set to. Well, why not just set the env to
/dev/null?? : And for those that says 'Huh' you're probably used to csh or
the : bourne shell.

Now I need a....
ObLameLinuxHack:
Well, I am running linux on 4 megs memory. and the kernel is LARGE. So
when I rebotted, it wouldn't all work because of it. So, I plan on
switching to the idekern untill I can get a new kernel compiled w/o all
the crap.

Parent Parent Parent gone Parent

Back to index