With the exception of the following, all content on this
site is © 1997-2016 Sam Trenholme. All rights reserved.
The exceptions are:
- The font used for headings on this webpage is a Source Sans Pro variant
I call “Caulixtla009Sans”; the serif font I use for body text is a
Bitstream Charter variant I call “Caulixtla009Serif”. These fonts,
both open-source, have their own licenses which
can be looked at here.
- Images used in some of my blog entries are frequently under different
copyright. Sometimes, the image is being used under fair use; other
times, the image is Creative Commons licensed; at times the image is
public domain; other times I am the
copyright owner of the image. The text at the end of the blog usually
describes the image's copyright status.
- Much of the software here (programs and/or patches) is available
under an open-source license.
- Some of my blog entries may be Creative Commons licensed. This will
be noted at the bottom of the blog entry.
- The forum software is
- Postings in my 1995 archive of alt.hackers
are owned by whoever posted them. These messages were originally
posted to Usenet with the intention of being freely distributed
across the Internet; my use of their postings is non-commercial
and meant to preserve a piece of Internet history.
- The image of Maria Jose of Kabah and me was
taken by my then-wife (now deceased). I got her permission to
use this photo while she was still with us.
- The image of Kabah is owned either by whoever
took this picture or by Kabah's record label. I believe using this
image qualifies as fair use, since it is only a very low-resolution
image, and its use does not harm (indeed it may even help) the market
for the original work.
- There is this script has its own license.
I do not permit third-party web annotation systems (such as Google’s
now-defunct SideWiki) to alter this web site by adding a discussion
board or any other content to any page here.
This site uses no cookies except with the sub-domain forum.samiam.org