Re: How can I deal with a food stealer?

Article: 7475 of alt.hackers
From: hacker@ns.secis.com (Tommy Usher)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: How can I deal with a food stealer?
Date: 4 Mar 1995 02:23:26 GMT

In article <PCL.95Mar1173842@foo.oucs.ox.ac.uk>,
Paul C Leyland <pcl@foo.oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>(For non-chemists, fluorescein is a dark reddish-brown powder which
>disolves in water, is non-toxic, tasteless, odourless and is not
>metabolized in the body.  It just goes straight through the kidneys.
>However, in uv light, including daylight, it fluoresces a bright
>yellow-green.)

Yes, I remember it well from my brief days as a medical photographer.  They
give it by IV to patients having their retinas photographed.  Then using
special light, and filters, they can see the blood vessels very clearly.
But I also recall that some patients were violently allergic to the dye.
Usually, the only real problem was nausea, but some would have a more serious
reaction, and at least one death was reported.

ObHack: Hmmmm, a tough one.  I had a wisdom tooth out on Monday, and my memory
is not up to snuff.....  Ah, this will do.  I recently had some clueless loser
decide to remove my car's antenna.  FM was okay, but AM was pretty much gone.
Since I listen to both, I needed at least a temporary fix, so I found an old
radio, broke off the antenna, reshaped the appropriate end, and then hammered
it into the stup of my old one.  So far, it works fine.  I suppose this is
more of a kluge, and I promise to do better next time.

| Tommy Usher  No Frills Software | Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: |
| hacker@ns.secis.com             | There's always one more bug.             |

Parent Parent gone Parent

Back to index