Re: Lame Newbie

Article: 7895 of alt.hackers
From: steve1@genesis.nred.ma.us (steve belczyk)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Lame Newbie
Date: 28 May 1995 08:50:09 GMT

In article <3q7js9$3lt@larch.cc.swarthmore.edu>,
Jeremy Todd Dilatush <dilatush@raptor.sccs.swarthmore.edu> wrote:
>	You recall a little while back when Steve Belcyk (sp?) posted
>about his WebMineSweeper hack.  Well, I tried it out and it was cool.

Hallelujah!!  I am extremely flattered to have inspired you.

>So I decided to write my own hack.	I present: WebTicTacToe.

Not to belittle your own work, but there already is a tic tac toe
somwhere on the the Web.  Sorry I don't know the URL.

I want to write a Web chess game.  I had written the basic chess
algorithms but lost them somehow, even though I had the code on three
different systems.  D'oh!

>	The URL is http://www.cs.swarthmore.edu/~dilatush/ttt.d

I will definitely check it out.

ObHack:  The recent talk about xyzzy reminded me of when we first got
ADVENT on our old PDP-11.  I'm guessing it was about 1977.  Just about
everyone in the office was obsessed with it.  Well, I hacked the thing
up in a major way.  I could tell where every player was, send them any
message, transport them anywhere, etc.	Cool fun for a co-op student.
(Hi Bob, if you're reading this.)

- steve belczyk

Parent

Child Child